Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Trapped

So Friday night I planned on going to Sprague's orchestra concert at 7:00. I had also promised my friend Renee that I would bring her back to Salem, so I told her I would pick her up between 5 and 6 (which should give me plenty of time to drop her off and maybe stop by home before heading to the concert). Well at about 4 Erich decided he was going to go to the store and Goodwill, which was fine because he promised to be back before 5:30. 6 o'clock rolled around when Erich finally showed up. In a bit of a panic I grabbed the keys and asked Erich where he parked the car. He replied "In the garage" so I took the elevator down to the parking garage and searched, but no luck. I then started back for the elevator rifling through my pockets for the key for the door to the elevator/stairs. Whoops! Left those on my desk.

So now it was 6:10 and I was trapped in the parking garage which apparently can only be exited by someone with either a key or a car (the gate out has a pressure sensor). Time to call Erich. He released me from my concrete prison and informed me that he had parked in the other parking garage next door. I rushed to Renee's picked her up and sped (not literally of course) toward Salem. It was 6:30.

I dropped Renee off at about 7:45 and went straight to the concert. Luckily I caught the Camerata's last piece, which sounded great. It was so exciting getting to see everyone. I got lots of hugs, which is definitely the thing I miss the most. We all went to Dairy Queen afterward and then I had a small Mario Party party at my house. All-in-all it was a perfect Friday night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least the cell phone worked in the concrete prison, or you might still be there. :-) Too funny!

Staci Wood said...

intense