Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day 2 (Tuesday)

So day two went off without a hitch. The effects of my late night were neutralized by sleeping in (a very fortunate consequence of not having class until noon). Korean was again very enjoyable... until we received our syllabus. It turns out that there are a few expectations which I don't know haw willing I'm going to be to meet.

Ridiculous expectation #1: Acting out a scene from a Korean soap opera... in front of the class... uh huh, sorry ain't hap'nin.

Ridiculous expectation #2: Record 2 songs and 1 rap in Korean. Yes, actually record myself rapping in Korean and turning it into the teacher. I would rather die.

Now I know I'll end up doing these things because I have zero capability of defiance, but I will silently fight it till the very end. Just a warning: If my body is found in my room and it appears that I've shoved a microphone down my throat or hanged myself by the cord, this assignment is the cause.

On to happier things, my only other class was learn to lap swim which I am no longer enrolled in. It turns out the class is for people who barely know how to keep their head above water so I was advised to switch into swim conditioning which will hopefull be a better fit for me.

After a few hours of relaxing (watching FOX News while blogging) I met up with some new friends (I know, Me? New friends?) from class for dinner. Luckily we finished when we did because as we were leaving the cafeteria the fire alarm went off, much to the surprise and displeasure of many students (loud cursing filled the room). We went back to one of their dorms and hung out for the rest of the evening. It felt great to laugh and talk with people. I hadn't had much interaction until then.

Once the dorm's quiet hours started I headed home, which I expected to be fairly uneventful, but I was wrong. About half way across campus I started noticing figures in all black hiding behind trees and in bushes. I quickened my pace and pulled out my cell phone. All of the sudden I heard yelling and several people burst out from behind a nearby building in a heated game of night tag. I resumed breathing and continued on my walk without encountering any more surprises.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the shy Steve I know, and who replaced him with the outgoing Hugh Grant?

You know you're going to end up doing the rap, so just give in.

Anonymous said...

OMG!
i have the perfect rap for you.
and like a bajillion songs to choose from. i'm so excited.
and for the soap opera...(yupgeejukeengenyuh) rofl.